Did you set lofty fitness goals in January and purchase exciting new exercise equipment to help you work out at home, only to discover in a few months you’ve lost interest? You’re not alone. A survey study by Strava, a social network for athletes, found that January 12th is the day people are most motivated to stick to their New Year’s fitness goals. However, they also report that by the end of January, the athletes began to lose their momentum. By mid-February, activity decreased by 25%, and by year’s end, only about 10% of those who set fitness goals actually achieved them.
What does this mean for the typical person? Lots of unused exercise equipment in your home.
Exercise Equipment People Commonly Buy and Never Use
Many people buy home exercise equipment with the best intentions to use it regularly, but end up not using it as often as planned. Some of the most commonly-unused pieces include:
- Stationary Bikes
- Elliptical Machines
- Ab Rollers and Ab Machines
- Thigh Masters
- Exercise Balls
- Home Gyms
- Rowing Machines
- Stair Climbers
- Shake Weights
- Angle or Wrist Weights
Ultimately, the best pieces of exercise equipment are the ones you commit to using regularly, depending on your fitness goals and personal preferences. Some of the most-used items include:
- Dumbbells—to build strength, tone muscles and increase bone density
- Resistance Bands—to improve strength and flexibility
- Jump Ropes—to burn calories, improve coordination and increase endurance
- Yoga Mat—for floor-based exercises to cushion and support joints
Can Home Exercise Equipment Be Donated or Recycled?
Many types of home gym equipment can be donated or recycled, depending on the type of equipment and your location. If it is usable and could benefit someone else in reaching their fitness goals, donate it. If it is in poor or unusable condition, the recycling center can melt down metal equipment such as weight plates, dumbbells and barbells to turn them into new products, or recycle electronic components found in treadmills, ellipticals and stationary bikes.
123JUNK Can Responsibly Remove Your Old Exercise Equipment
123JUNK is a local junk removal company that can help you get rid of old exercise equipment in a responsible and eco-friendly manner. Here are some of the ways 123JUNK can help:
- Free on-site estimate to get a better idea of the cost and time involved to remove your exercise equipment
- Competitive pricing, with a detailed estimate provided prior to starting any work
- A professional and friendly team who will safely remove and haul large or small fitness equipment away
- Environmentally-responsible disposal by donation or recycling whenever possible
- Same-day service for most junk removal jobs so you can get rid of your old exercise equipment quickly
Let 123JUNK Help with the Heavy Lifting to Clear Out or Donate Your Old Exercise Equipment
Large pieces of fitness equipment can be expensive, take up a lot of room in your home and require regular maintenance. Instead of letting them become clothes racks and eyesores, consider donating them. 123JUNK will be glad to deliver your items to one of our local charity partners.
With our 1-2-3 Process of minimal waste junk removal, we’ll take other pieces that can be recycled to the appropriate recycling center. This way, we can all work together to keep our environment healthy.
Don’t injure yourself or waste a weekend clearing out your unused fitness equipment. Let us do the heavy lifting! Our team members are trained in the correct way to lift and transport heavy objects without injury. And they take great pains to avoid damaging your walls or floors as they do it!
Contact 123JUNK today at 1-800-3654-5778 to schedule your junk hauling appointment in our Service Areas in Northern Virginia, Washington DC or Maryland.