Staging your home can increase its sales price by anywhere from 1% to 20%, depending on factors such as the home’s location and condition, current real estate market conditions, the home’s staging, and the overall appeal of the home to buyers.
4 Ways Junk Removal Can Help Get a Better Price When Selling Your Home
Junk removal can help get you a better price when selling your home in several ways:
- It increases curb appeal by making it more attractive. When potential buyers see a clutter-free property, they are more likely to perceive it as well-maintained and cared for, and can picture themselves living there more easily.
- It feels more spacious, which gives the impression of more useable living space, thus increasing the perceived value.
- It highlights your home’s best features such as large windows, high ceilings or beautiful hardwood floors without the distraction of clutter.
- It creates a better first impression, and an inviting and welcoming atmosphere that make potential buyers feel more comfortable.
Why is Staging Your Home Important?
Staging a home is an important part of the selling process. Removing junk and clutter and staging your home can help to:
- Showcase your home’s potential and help potential buyers envision how each room can meet their needs and lifestyle.
- Create a visually-appealing environment by positioning furniture and décor to draw attention to the property’s best features, while minimizing flaws.
- Increase perceived value and create an emotional connection to the home, which can lead to potential buyers placing a higher value on the property.
- Sell the home more quickly by making it stand out from other homes on the market. It also helps the seller appeal to a wider range of potential buyers, and generate more interest and showings.
According to the National Association of Realtors, the median amount spent on home staging is around $400, with 23% of Realtors reporting an increase of 1% to 5%, and 18% reporting an increase of 6% to 10%. However, it’s important to note that staging is just one factor that can impact the sales price.
What Realtors Recommend Removing When Selling Your Home
The goal of clearing out items is to make the home look clean, spacious and neutral so potential buyers can truly see themselves living in the space. Realtors recommend removing:
- Personal items such as family photos, heirlooms and other sentimental items.
- Clutter such as magazines, knick-knacks, decorative items from trips, and other items that take up visual space.
- Excess furniture that can make a home look cluttered or cramped.
- Outdated or worn items such as old curtains, furniture or décor. These should either be removed altogether or replaced with newer, more modern items to update the look and feel of the home.
- Excess storage items including boxes, containers and other storage solutions that may be cluttering up storage areas like the attic, garage or spare rooms. You’ll be moving anyway, so find off-site storage while you’re selling your home.
- Pet items like toys, beds and litter boxes should be removed during showings. This can help potential buyers who are allergic to pets or who may not be pet-friendly feel more comfortable.
- Strong odors such as cigarette smoke, pet odors or cooking smells can be a turn-off. It’s important to keep the home smelling fresh and clean.
Related: 15 Home Staging Essentials
How 123JUNK Can Help You Sell Your Home
123JUNK’s junk removal and hauling service can help you sell your home quicker and potentially get a better price by creating a cleaner, more organized and spacious environment that will appeal to potential buyers. We can help with:
- Decluttering to make the space look bigger and more open.
- Safety, by removing hazardous or bulky items that could pose a risk to potential buyers, such as an old appliance or broken furniture.
- Better showcasing of your home to emphasize the unique selling points.
- Savings of time and energy by taking the task of removing and disposing of unwanted items off your hands.
- Environmental benefits by donating or recycling items and thus reducing waste.
To learn more about 123JUNK’s 1-2-3 process of donate-recycle-dispose or to schedule your junk removal, contact us at 1-800-364-5778 or use our convenient contact form.